Update for Grease at the Dominion Theatre
Would you like to check out some awesome images of the current rehearsals for GREASE? They’ve just been released, giving audiences a taster of the fun to come. The dazzling new West End production of Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey's GREASE is opening at the Dominion Theatre on Tuesday 17th May, with previews from 3rd May 2022,and we’re pleased to share these inspiring images with you.
Who’s involved in GREASE?
2022 marks five decades years since GREASE first opened on Broadway. It was a seminal moment but nobody realised at the time that the musical would prove such a huge hit in so many countries. The appeal of Danny and Sandy’s high school romance never seems to fade, nor does the score. Classic tunes join impeccable performances to deliver something extra-special to London’s theatre scene.
- GREASE first opened in Chicago during 1971
- It moved to Broadway in 1972, receiving seven Tony Award nominations including Best Musical
- During the show's eight year Broadway run Peter Gallagher, Patrick Swayze and John Travolta all appeared on stage. Richard Gere understudied several roles before going on to star as Danny Zuko in the 1973 London premiere
- Back then and today, the show features songs to remember. Think Summer Nights, Greased Lightnin', Hopelessly Devoted To You, You're The One That I Want, and many more
- The 1978 film adaptation starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John is the fourth highest-grossing live action musical... ever
- This version of GREASE is directed by Nikolai Foster and choreographed by Dame Arlene Phillips
- Dan Partridge plays Danny and Olivia Moore plays Sandy
- Peter Andre plays Vince Fontaine at some performances
- The special Guest Star Jason Donovan plays Teen Angel for 6 weeks from 29th June
Buy GREASE Tickets
Buy cheap GREASE tickets online with us. It’s easy to get the best seats with our handy Dominion Theatre seating plan. Chill out, get great service from a West End ticket seller you can trust, and show the etickets we email to you at the door on the day.
About the Dominion Theatre
The Dominion Theatre has been given a £6 million restoration, finished in 2017. The venue’s double-sided LED screen is the biggest, with the highest resolution, outside any West End theatre. Past shows at the Dominion Theatre include the epic musical We Will Rock You, on stage here from May 2002 until May 2014. It also presented the London auditions for Britain's Got Talent, and staged War of the Worlds.