The West End return of the multi-award winning production, HADESTOWN has been confirmed.
Running at the Lyric Theatre from 10 February 2024, tickets go on general sale from 23 May 2023.
Not seen in London since its sell-out run at the National in 2018, Hadestown went onto win eight Tony Awards including Best Musical, as well as a Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album.
Featuring music, lyrics and book by acclaimed Grammy winning singer-songwriter Anaïs Mitchell, the production initially began as an indie theatre project and album. Currently running Broadway's Walter Kerr Theater holds the record for the highest grossing musical and longest running show in the theatre's 100-year history
A genre-defying new musical, Hadestown also involves artistic collaborator and Tony Award-winning director Rachel Chavkin.
Other creatives on the production include:
- Rachel Hauck (set design)
- Four-time Tony Award nominee Michael Krass (costume design)
- Two-time Tony Award winner Bradley King (lighting design)
- Tony Award winners Nevin Steinberg and Jessica Paz (sound design),
- Obie Award winner David Neumann (choreography)
- Liam Robinson (music direction and vocal arrangements)
- Tony Award winners Michael Chorney and Todd Sickafoose (arrangements and orchestrations)
- Ken Cerniglia (dramaturgy)
Casting to be announced at a later date.
Hadestown takes you on an unforgettable journey to the underworld and back, intertwining two mythic love stories - of young dreamers Orpheus and Eurydice, and that of King Hades and his wife Persephone. A deeply resonant and defiantly hopeful theatrical experience, Hadestown invites you to imagine how the world could be.
Blending modern American folk music with New Orleans-inspired jazz, the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Hadestown is one of the most streamed cast albums of all time with over 300 million streams to date.
Tickets go on general sale on 23 May from midday.