The Royal Shakespeare Company's brilliant show, Matilda the Musical, has announced the full cast for its long awaited return to the Cambridge Theatre from 16th September 2021. It's also due on stage live in The Netherlands for the first time, translated into Dutch for a run at the Oude Luxor Theatre in Rotterdam. It is ten years since the show first played in the West End and this magical story has gone from strength to strength, becoming one of the best-loved family musicals in town.
Who’s involved in Matilda The Musical?
This iconic British musical has won 99 international awards including 24 for Best Musical. It has been seen live on stage by over 10 million people in more than 90 cities across the world. As the brilliant Tim Minchin, who wrote the tunes and lyrics, said, "I'm SO excited that the West End will be reopening soon, and that Matilda will be back on stage in time for its 10th birthday. And that I'll be able to be in my favourite city for the first time in two years! I've so keenly missed Matilda, my London family, and live theatre in general." Here's the cast.
- The title role of Matilda will be played by several young actors: Imogen Cole, Alyssa D'Souza, Alex Munden and Zoe Simon
- The other young performers announced today, playing Bruce, Lavender, Amanda and the rest of the pupils at Crunchem Hall are: Hari Aggarwal, Thommy Bailey Vine, Kieron Bell, Tom Bonomini, Drew Edwards, Robyn Elwell, Rory Finnegan, Darcy Kelly, Ben Lee, Keanna-Skye O'Quinn, Nicholas Parris, Bella Perdoni, Chancé Quaye, Scarlett Jayne Rackham, Bren Reilly, Niamh Ritchie, Jacob Savva, Jayden Seder and Alex Stockton
- Kaspar Cahill-Ritter, Sienna Clarke, Rosie Gell-Marquez, Beth Gilmour, Louie Gray, and Gracie Hodson-Prior will continue in the roles of Bruce, Lavender, Amanda and the pupils at Crunchem Hall
- Carly Thoms takes over the role of Miss Honey, joining the adult cast which includes Elliot Harper as Miss Trunchbull, Sebastien Torkia as Mr Wormwood and Annette McLaughlin, returning in the role of Mrs Wormwood, where she takes over from Marianne Benedict
- The full adult cast includes Liberty Buckland, Georgia Carling, Roger Dipper, Katrina Dix, Kate Kenrick, Ben Kerr, Matt Krzan, Connor Lewis, Tom Mather, Bryan Mottram, Kane Oliver Parry, Landi Oshinowo, Ryan Pidgen, James Revell, Gemma Scholes and Dawn Williams
Buy Matilda The Musical Tickets
Book your Matilda The Musical tickets here through us and choose your favourite seats thanks to our Cambridge Theatre seating plan. We'll send convenient E-tickets to your email address, for you to present on the day of the performance.
About the Cambridge Theatre
The curiously-shaped Cambridge Theatre is on a small corner site in Earlham Street facing Seven Dials, in the London Borough of Camden, built back in 1929 in the German Expressionist style. Past shows at the Cambridge Theatre include Jerry Springer The Opera, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Dancing In The Streets, and Chicago.