Producers Lia Vollack Productions and The Michael Jackson Estate have announced their multiple Tony Award winning Broadway musical MJ will be in theatreland for March 2024, on stage at the magnificent Prince Edward Theatre. This show is about so much more than the music. MJ reveals the backdrop to Jackson’s outstanding 1992 Dangerous World Tour, which set the stage for a lifetime of fame, fortune, and truly extraordinary tunes.
Who’s involved in MJ?
MJ looks way beyond the unique dance moves and signature sound Michael Jackson was so famous for. If you’d like to explore the creative mind and collaborative spirit that made him so special, this show is for you. The creative team is impressive, a list of award-winners and nominees without compare. Are you ready to delve deep into Jackson, the man? This is your show.
- The book is by the two-time Pulitzer winning writerLynn Nottage (Ruined, Sweat)
- MJ is directed and choreographed by Royal Ballet Associate Artist Christopher Wheeldon OBE, who won the Tony for Best Choreography of a Musical for MJ, and whose previous Award-winning directing projects include An American in Paris
- The internationally renowned creative team for MJ also includes Scenic Design by Tony and two-time Emmy winner Derek McLane (Moulin Rouge! The Musical)
- Lighting Design is by the six-time Tony winner Natasha Katz (Once)
- Costume Design is by the Tony and Emmy winner Paul Tazewell (Hamilton)
- Sound Design is by the Tony and Olivier winning Gareth Owen (Come From Away)
- Projection Design is by the two- time Tony nominee Peter Nigrini (Dear Evan Hansen)
- Hair and Wig Design is by the two-time Emmy nominee Charles LaPointe (The Color Purple)
- Musical Supervision is by the Tony nominee David Holcenberg (Matilda)
- The Orchestrations and Arrangements are by David Holcenberg and Tony Award winner Jason Michael Webb (The Color Purple)
- The cast is yet to be announced – keep an eye on our news page for updates
Buy MJ Tickets
Buy MJ tickets online with us and choose the best seats with our essential Prince Edward Theatre seating plan. Then we'll send E-tickets direct to your email address for you to show at the door on the day.
About the Prince Edward Theatre
The Prince Edward Theatre is named after Prince Edward, who was briefly King Edward 8th and later became the Duke of Windsor. He abdicated in 1936 to marry the divorcee he loved, Wallis Simpson. The venue opened on 3rd April 1930 with a performance of the musical Rio Rita. Past shows at the Prince Edward Theatre include Jersey Boys, Mamma Mia!, Mary Poppins, and Aladdin.