Update for The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre
Isn't it fantastic to see so many brilliant West End shows gearing up to entertain us? The latest announcement from The Prince of Egypt team is an exciting one - the show is gradually going full capacity. There will be three socially distanced performances on Wednesday 21st July at 7.30pm and Thursday 22nd July at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. After that they'll slowly, carefully revert to the venue's original capacity.
Who’s involved in The Prince of Egypt?
This dazzlingly colourful, lively and fun production will continue to maintain strict covid hygiene protocols throughout the theatre. You'll be kept safe with carefully-timed arrivals and increased airflow indoors, and the theatre will continue to recommend face coverings to audiences. Theatre staff will also wear face coverings. The result is an 'exemplary' set of safety protocols. Here are some details about the show for you:
- A 'lavish stage adaptation' (The Guardian) of the classic DreamWorks Animation film
- A cast and orchestra of more than 60 artists
- An acclaimed score by Stephen Schwartz including 10 new songs
- The Academy Award winning song When You Believe, a global hit for Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
- A Grammy-winning original Cast Recording released by Ghostlight Records
- A brilliant book by Philip LaZebnik
- Directed by Scott Schwartz
- Choreography by Sean Cheesman
- Set designs by Kevin Depinet
- Costume designs by Ann Hould-Ward
- Lighting design by Mike Billings
- Sound design by Gareth Owen
- Projection designs by Jon Driscoll
- Illusions by Chris Fisher
- Wigs, hair and makeup design by Campbell Young Associates
- Orchestrations by August Eriksmoen
- Musical supervision and arrangements by Dominick Amendum
- Musical direction by Dave Rose
- Casting by Jim Arnold CDG
- Children's casting by Verity Naughton CDG
- Produced by DreamWorks Theatricals (a division of Universal Theatrical Group), Michael McCabe and Neil Laidlaw, John Gore, Tom Smedes and Peter Stern, Ramin Sabi, The Araca Group, James L. Nederlander and Michael Park.
Buy The Prince of Egypt Tickets
Book your Prince of Egypt tickets online with us and choose the best seats using our Dominion Theatre seating plan. We'll send E-tickets via email, for you to present at the door on the day of the performance.
About the Dominion Theatre
The Dominion Theatre hosted many top class movies and live shows during the second half of the 20th century. In 1957 it welcomed the glittering stars of rock 'n' roll, Bill Haley and the Comets, on their UK tour. The venue's first major live show was The Judy Garland Show, which set the scene for its long dedication to musical theatre. Past shows at the Dominion Theatre include Grease, War of the Worlds, and We Will Rock You.