Update for The Drifters Girl at the Garrick Theatre
Michael Harrison and David Ian are delighted to reveal the hugely talented bunch of singers who will be playing The Drifters in this, the long-awaited return of The Drifters Girl. The show kicks off in Newcastle before moving back to its original home at the West End's Garrick Theatre on Thursday 4th November 2021. As you can imagine, the excitement is already mounting around the return of this marvellous true story.
Who’s involved in The Drifters Girl?
This gorgeous show is packed with beautiful, soulful Drifters tunes including the legendary Stand By Me, Saturday Night at the Movies, Under The Boardwalk, Save The Last Dance For Me, and Kissin in the Back Row of the Movies. The cast and creative team involves:
- The brilliant Beverley Knight playing the part of Faye Treadwell, The Drifters' extraordinary manager
- Adam J Bernard, Tarinn Callender, Matt Henry and Tosh Wanogho-Maud play The Drifters, all seasoned West End stars in their own right
- Book by Ed Curtis
- Inspired by an idea from Tina Treadwell
- Co-created by Beverley Knight, Adam J Bernard, Tarinn Callender, Matt Henry and Tosh Wanogho-Maud
- Directed by Jonathan Church
- Set design by Anthony Ward
- Choreography by Karen Bruce
- Costume design by Fay Fullerton
- Orchestrations and musical supervision by Chris Egan
- Lighting design by Ben Cracknell
- Sound design by Tom Marshall
- Video design by Andrzej Goulding
- Associate Director Tyrone Huntley
- Associate Choreographer Myles Brown
- Casting by Stuart Burt
- Children's casting by Jo Hawes
- Produced by Michael Harrison and David Ian.
Buy Drifters Girl Tickets
Book your Drifters Girl tickets online with us and choose the best seats thanks to our Garrick Theatre seating plan. We'll send E-tickets to your email address – all you do is present them at the door on the day of the performance.
About the Garrick Theatre
Back in 1889 the Garrick Theatre was financed by the playwright W. S. Gilbert, half of the famous musical pair Gilbert and Sullivan and author of more than 75 plays including the famous Gilbert and Sullivan comic operas. The building project was particularly tricky to handle, since the site lay on top of an underground river. Past shows at the Garrick Theatre include Young Frankenstein, Bitter Wheat, and Death Drop in 2020.