Yang Liping - Rite of Spring Tickets
Booking from: Thursday, 9 May 2019
Booking until: Saturday, 11 May 2019
Running time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
No under 5's
Thursday, 9 May 2019
Saturday, 11 May 2019
1 hour and 10 minutes
Choreographer Yang Liping is known as the “Peacock Princess” in her native China.
This affectionate nickname stems from her most famous dance work, Spirit of the Peacock, inspired by the traditional peacock folk dancing of her youth. In 2016, she brought her beautiful visions to Sadler’s Wells with Under Siege. For her new work, she reunites with Oscar-winning designer Tim Yip, to create a unique take on Igor Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring – utilising the iconic score alongside original compositions inspired by traditional Tibetan music.
Returning to her roots for this piece, Yang’s sacrificial Chosen One takes the form of a peacock.
- Largest Ticket Inventory in the West End
- Real time seat availability
- Your booking is processed directly into the box office reservation system
- Collect your tickets from the theatre for free or get them posted to your address.
Rosebery Avenue, London, EC1R 4TN
- Air conditioned
- Disabled toilets
- Infrared hearing loop
- Wheelchair/scooter access
- Capacity: 1560
- Year built: 1683