The beloved 2003 New Line Cinema hit starring Will Ferrell inspired this musical, which tells the charming tale of Buddy, who mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts as a baby, and is transported back to the North Pole to be raised as an elf. Now the respected theatre actress Rebecca Lock will play Emily Hobbs. Elf returns to the West End in a new production at the Dominion Theatre for a strictly limited 8-week season from 24th November 2022 to 7th January 2023.
Who’s involved in Elf
Take a look at the new set up images for this seasonal treat and get inspired. Will you book Elf tickets? This time around the fun is directed by Philip Wm. McKinley, a fresh new production designed to delight. When Buddy embarks on a journey to New York to find his birth father, will he discover his true identity and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas?
- Rebecca Lock’s credits include Rosalie Mullins in School of Rock (UK tour), Carmen in Curtains (UK tour and Wyndhams Theatre), Ms Fleming/Veronica’s Mom in Heathers (Theatre Royal Haymarket), Rosie in Mamma Mia! (Novello Theatre), Carlotta Giudicelli in The Phantom of the Opera (Her Majesty’s Theatre), Kate Monster/Lucy the Slut in Avenue Q (Noel Coward Theatre) and Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins (Prince Edward Theatre)
- She joins the previously announced Simon Lipkin as Buddy, Georgina Castle as Jovie, Tom Chambers as Walter Hobbs, Kim Ismay as Debs, Nicholas Pound as Santa and Dermot Canavan as the Store Manager
- Also in the cast are Evonnee Bentley-Holder, Kyle Cox, Jade Davies, Bethan Downing, rancis Foreman, Morgan Gregory, Ryan Jupp, Ellis Linford-Pill, Shane O'Riordan, Theo Reece, Chloe Saunders, Heather Scott-Martin, Jessica Spalis, Michael Tyler, Katie Warsop and Natalie Woods
- Dexter Barry, Logan Clark, Alfie Morwood and Frankie Treadaway will alternate the role of Michael
- ELF features a book by Tony Award winners Thomas Meehan (Annie, The Producers, Hairspray) and Bob Martin (The Drowsy Chaperone), with songs by Tony Award nominees Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin (The Wedding Singer)
- Original set and costume design by Tim Goodchild, choreography by Liam Steel, lighting design by Patrick Woodroffe, sound by Gareth Owen, video design by Ian William Galloway, music direction by Alan Williams and wig and hair design by Richard Mawbe
- Casting is by Grindrod Burton Casting
- ELF the Musical is produced by Temple Live Entertainment
Buy Elf Tickets
Buy cheap Elf tickets from us for great customer service. Pick the best views using our popular Dominion Theatre seating plan. Then show your etickets at the door on the day – it’s so simple.
About the Dominion Theatre
The magnificent Dominion Theatre dates back to 1928, when it was built at a cost of £460,000. It has spent time as a musical theatre and a cinema, now it’s home to the Hillsong Church as well as big musical productions like Elf. Upcoming shows at the Dominion Theatre include Dirty Dancing, returning on 18th January and running until 29th April 2023.