Booking from: Monday, 11 February 2019
Booking until: Thursday, 7 March 2019
Running time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Monday, 11 February 2019
Thursday, 7 March 2019
2 hours 50 minutes
Akhnaten is a mesmerising work whose text draws on ancient hymns, prayers and inscriptions sung in their original Egyptian, Hebrew and Akkadian. The opera’s unique mood will transport you to the ancient world through music that combines Glass’s characteristic minimalist voice with stylised movement and choreographed juggling to visualise the rhythms of his score.
14 Mar 2016
Akhnaten is the third opera in Philip Glass’s “Portrait Trilogy” which consists of three operas describing in more or less abstract terms the lives of individuals whose thinking could be said to have changed the world, the other two pieces being Einstein On The Beach (1975) and Satyagraha (about Ghandi, 1979).
- Largest Ticket Inventory in the West End
- Real time seat availability
- Your booking is processed directly into the box office reservation system
- Collect your tickets from the theatre for free or get them posted to your address.
St Martin's Lane, London, WC2N 4ES
- Air conditioned
- Infrared hearing loop
- Wheelchair/scooter access
- Capacity: 2358
- Year built: 1904