The producers of Get Up, Stand Up! The Bob Marley Musical have decided to reschedule the world premiere until social distancing is lifted. The new opening night is 20th October 2021. If you've already bought tickets for the original dates London Box Office will contact you in due course with updated booking details. Tickets are already on sale for the new October run.
Who’s involved in Get Up, Stand Up?
The show is directed by actor and director Clint Dyer and stars the writer and performer Arinzé Kene. The producers are Playful Productions, Stage Play and Cedella Marley. The writer is Lee Hall.
- Arinzé Kene is a respected writer and performer. His most recent one-man play, Misty, attracted a great deal of critical acclaim and it enjoyed a well-deserved West End transfer. He was nominated for 2 Olivier Awards for his work, for Best Actor and Best New Play.
- Clint Dyer’s extraordinary direction work includes The Big Life at the Apollo-West End and Stratford East, a multi-award nominated show. He wowed audiences with Kingston 14 at Stratford East; The Westbridge, which won a Writer's Guild award for Best New Play, and has directed a number of brilliant short films.
- Lee Hall is an award-winning playwright and screenwriter who wrote the book and lyrics for Billy Elliot the musical, a show with an awesome decade-long run. It won the Olivier award for Best New Musical along with 10 Tony Awards for the Broadway production.
- Playful Productions has won 27 Olivier Awards, 10 Tony Awards, 8 Evening Standard awards, 2 Golden Globe awards, 8 Emmies, an Oscar nomination and a Grammy nomination.
- Stage Play is a partnership between Suzette Newman and Chris Blackwell, who have collaborated for decades, originating in the early days of the independent label Island Records.
- Cedella Marley is a multi Grammy-winning singer, designer, entrepreneur, and Bob and Rita Marley's first born daughter. She's the CEO of Bob Marley’s recording label, Tuff Gong International, and the author of many wonderful books.
Buy Get Up Stand Up Tickets
Book your Get Up Stand Up tickets online through us and enjoy the perfect seats thanks to our Lyric Theatre seating plan. We'll send your E-tickets to your email address. All you do is present them on the day of the performance.
About the Lyric Theatre
The Lyric Theatre opened its doors way back in 1888. These days it's Shaftesbury Avenue's oldest surviving theatre. This is the host of the dazzling Michael Jackson tribute show Thriller Live, and the Lyric is also proud to present the brilliant concert-musical about King Henry 8th six wives, SIX.