So many people are asking how best to support the theatre community during the pandemic shut down.
Below is a list of 6 key ways you can help from the organisation Artsadmin.
I love their advice as it's clear, concise, simple and much of it can be done by self-isolaters. Why not share it on your social media feeds.
- If an artist’s/arts event is cancelled, consider not asking for a refund. Or you could donate the amount that your ticket cost, if you can afford to.
- Retweet, share, post about or comment on your favourite artists and their work. Help them to raise their online profile.
- Buy artists’ books, prints, records and other merchandise (from independent shops if possible).
- Listen to music by less-well-known people to boost their streaming figures.
- If you have friends who are artists or arts freelancers, check in on them, see how they’re doing and if you can help.
- When everything reopens, get out there and enjoy the arts - go to shows, exhibitions, gigs and other events; talk about their work to your friends; invite people to come with you to arts events.