Update for Mary Poppins at the Prince Edward Theatre
Mary Poppins won the Best Musical Revival award at the 2020 Whatsonstage Awards, plus Best Set Design and Best Theatre Choreographer awards at the 2020 Oliviers. It had to shut down for a full year thanks to the virus. Now it's back at its original venue, the Prince Edward Theatre, from 7th August.
Zizi Strallen resumes her awesome role as Mary and Charlie Stemp his role as Bert. Expect dazzling choreography, incredible special effects and gorgeous tunes, all adapted with skill and creativity from the original stories by PL Travers and the well-loved Disney movie. A smash hit returns – welcome back!
Who’s involved in Mary Poppins?
The original music and lyrics are by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman, and they include the unforgettable classics Jolly Holiday, Step in Time, Feed the Birds, and of course Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
- New songs and extra music by Olivier-winning George Stiles and Anthony Drewe
- The book is by the Academy Award-winning screenwriter Julian Fellowes
- It's co-created by Cameron Mackintosh
- The producer for Disney Theatrical Productions? It's Thomas Schumacher
- Orchestrations are by William David Brohn
- The dance and vocal arrangements come from George Stiles
- New sound design comes from Paul Gatehouse
- There's new lighting by Hugh Vanstone and Natasha Katz
- Co-choreography is by Stephen Mear
- There's a reimagined set and costume designs from Bob Crowley
- Co-direction and choreography comes from Matthew Bourne
- The show's director is Richard Eyre
Buy Mary Poppins Tickets
Book your Mary Poppins tickets online here and pick the perfect seats thanks to our Prince Edward Theatre seating plan. We'll send your E-tickets to your email address, for you to present on the day of the performance.
About the Prince Edward Theatre
You'll find the Prince Edward Theatre on Old Compton Street, north of Leicester Square in the City of Westminster. The theatre first opened in 1930 with a performance of the musical Rio Rita and also hosted cabaret artiste Josephine Baker, who performed her remarkable Bananas Dance there. Past shows at the Prince Edward Theatre include Jersey Boys, Miss Saigon, and Aladdin.