The multi award-winning London production of the worldwide hit musical Come From Away welcomes new and returning cast members to the Phoenix Theatre from June 2022. It’s great to see them back! This is the winner of every major Best Musical award. It tells the inspiring true story of 7,000 stranded air passengers who landed at a small town in Newfoundland, where they were welcomed in.
Who’s involved in Come From Away?
Twenty years ago, in September 2001, the world changed forever. The international hit musical Come From Away has celebrated sold-out, record-breaking engagements on Broadway, in Canada, throughout Australia, and on a 60-city North American Tour. This touching and fascinating story reveals the very human story behind the strangers who turned up unexpectedly, and the lasting friendships that were created. Here’s the team:
- Kirsty Malpass has returned to the London production as Bonnie and others
- Olivier Award-nominated Robert Hands returns to the role of Nick/Doug and others
- Lejaun Sheppard will play Bob and others
- Sarah Morrison returns to the production having performed in Come From Away in Australia
- Lucy Park joins the cast.
- They are welcomed by the current London cast, extending their time with the show beyond June: Jenna Boyd (Beulah and others), James Doherty (Claude and others), Mark Dugdale (Kevin T/Garth and others), Gemma Knight Jones (Hannah and others), Alice Fearn (Beverley/Annette and others), Kate Graham (Diane and others), Jonathan Andrew Hume (Kevin J/Ali and others), Harry Morrison (Oz and others), and Emma Salvo (Janice and others) with Chiara Baronti, Ricardo Castro, Stuart Hickey, Alexander McMorran, Jennifer Tierney and Matthew Whennell-Clark
- The Come From Away band includes Alan Berry (Musical Director/UK Musical Supervisor), Matt Bashford (Whistles/Irish Flute/Uillean Pipes), Aoife Mairead Ní Bhriain (Fiddle), Oli Briant (Electric/Acoustic Guitar), Justin Quinn (Acoustic Guitars/Mandolins/Bouzouki), Joey Grant (Electric and Acoustic Bass), Ray Fean (Bodhrán/Percussion), Ian Whitehead (Drums/Percussion), Huw Evans (Associate Musical Director), Andrew Barrett for Lionella Music, LLC (Electronic Music Design), Phij Adams (Associate Keyboard Programmer), Ryan Driscoll (Music Preparation), and David Gallagher (Orchestral Management)
- Irene Sankoff and David Hein are responsible for the Book, Music and Lyrics
- Christopher Ashley is the Director
- Kelly Devine - Musical Staging
- Ian Eisendrath - Music Supervision and Arrangements
- Beowulf Boritt - Scenic Design
- Toni-Leslie James - Costume Design
- Howell Binkley - Lighting Design
- Gareth Owen - Sound Design
- David Brian Brown - Hair Design
- August Eriksmoen – Orchestrations
- Pippa Ailion CDG and Natalie Gallacher CDG – Casting
- Joel Goldes (Dialect Coach), Michael Rubinoff (Creative Consultant), Bob Hallett (Newfoundland Music Consultant), Shirley Fishman (Dramaturg), Tara Overfield Wilkinson (Associate Director and Choreographer UK), and Kirsty Malpass (Assistant Director and Choreographer UK)
Buy Come From Away Tickets
Buy cheap Come From Away tickets online via our site for perfect service. Choose your favourite seats with our Phoenix Theatre seating plan. Relax, then simply show the etickets we email to you at the theatre door on the day.
About the Phoenix Theatre
The Phoenix Theatre is inspired by Italian theatres. The neoclassical exterior is plain and simple but inside, it couldn’t be more different. Gold and scarlet are the name of the game thanks to an Italianate interior created by the director and designer Theodore Komisarjevsky. The painter Vladimir Polunin copied works by Tintoretto, Titian, Pinturicchio, and Giorgione to add to the magnificence. Past shows at the Phoenix Theatre include Bend It Like Beckham The Musical and Chicago The Musical.