This spectacular 5 star version of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C S Lewis is about to roar into London’s theatreland, and Samantha Womack plays the White Witch. This fabulous production has wowed audiences across the UK and Ireland, now it’s due to make its West End premiere at the Gillian Lynne Theatre on Drury Lane. The fun begins on 18th July 2022 and the strictly limited season ends on 8th January 2023.
Samantha Womack as the White Witch in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at the Gillian Lynne Theatre
Who’s involved in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe?
The show has been seen and loved by at least 250,000 people on its nineteen week tour, which came to a close this month in Bristol. The city called the show 'a must-see production - an exceptional re-imagining of a treasured story to bewitch and beguile the whole family.’ It’s time to enter the wardrobe, discover the kingdom of Narnia, and enjoy the adventures of Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter.
- Samantha Womack recently played the lead role in the sold-out production of The Girl on the Train in the West End and on tour
- Her past theatre roles include the Tony award-winning production of South Pacific in which she starred alongside Patrick Swayze, Guys and Dolls at London's Piccadilly Theatre, and the role of Emma in an award-winning production of Harold Pinter's Betrayal
- She’s appeared in the BBC's Game On and Babes in the Wood, and ITV's gritty crime drama Liverpool, along with loads more brilliant screen roles
- The full cast will be announced soon
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is directed by Michael Fentiman
- It’s based on the original production by Sally Cookson
- Joining Michael Fentiman on the creative team are Set and Costume Designer Tom Paris, Composers Benji Bower and Barnaby Race, Choreographer Shannelle 'Tali' Fergus, Lighting Designer Jack Knowles, Sound Designers Ian Dickinson and Gareth Tucker for Autograph
- The Puppetry Director is Toby Olié, Puppetry Designer Max Humphries, Aerial Director Gwen Hales, Illusionist Chris Fisher, Music Director Toby Higgins, Casting Director Will Burton CDG, Fight Director Jonathan Holby, Wigs, Hair and Make-Up Designer Susanna Peretz
- The Props Supervisor is Lizzie Frankl for Propworks, Dramaturg Adam Peck, and Movement Consultant Dan Canham
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is produced by Elliott & Harper Productions and Catherine Schreiber
- It was first produced at the Leeds Playhouse
Buy The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Tickets
Buy cheap The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe tickets online via our site for exceptional service. Pick your favourite seats with our Gillian Lynne Theatre seating plan. Relax, then simply show your etickets at the theatre door on your way in.
About the Gillian Lynne Theatre
The Gillian Lynne Theatre (formerly known as the New London Theatre) – built on a plot formerly occupied by the Winter Garden Theatre until 1965 - is the first West End theatre to be named after a woman. It was named to honour Dame Gillian's outstanding contribution to musical theatre, mostly as a choreographer for the dazzling production of Cats that took to the stage here for more than 21 years. Past shows at the Gillian Lynne Theatre include War Horse, Show Boat, and School of Rock The Musical.